Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Why Blog?

Confession: This isn't the first blog I've started.

Goal: Actually write on this blog.

I've found that writing keeps me accountable. It keeps me accountable in how I think, and what I think about each day. Forcing myself to write forces me to confront my thoughts and what I spend time thinking about. Perhaps as a logical next step, it forces me to consider how I spend my time each day. Am I wasting time in day dreams? Am I thinking through the implications of my daily actions? Am I thinking ahead?

So, the purpose of this blog? It will be a place to express some of my thoughts. I don't know that I'll write here every day, but I hope to develop the habit of writing a little bit every day (yay for journals!). It's a discipline, and one that I hope to practice for the rest of my life. Hopefully my writing will be beneficial and enjoyable for whoever ends up reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment